Tuesday, September 20, 2011

SO I MARRIED AN AXE MURDERER

SO I MARRIED AN AXE MURDERER
Now Streaming on Crackle.com
5/5 Stars

Before The Love Guru, before Austin Powers, before Mike Myers was a household name, he starred in a little known gem called So I Married An Axe Murderer. This is one of those rare little films where every aspect comes together in a perfect combination. The pace accelerates well, Robbie Fox’s script is colorful, and Thomas Schlamme does a great job directing an exceptional acting ensemble.
Myers mugs a bit, but is more cute than annoying (and is hilarious playing his own father). The supporting cast is charming, but it’s actually the cameos that push the laughter into the stratosphere. Phil Hartman, Michael Richards, Steven Wright, and Charles Grodin provide four of the funniest bit parts ever put on film, and all in one movie. Also make note of the fun, upbeat, hip 90s soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment